Daily Archives: November 26, 2013
Don’t stress out on Thanksgiving! Village West Discount Liquors is your Thanksgiving Day headquarters. Stop in to stock up on all the drinks you’ll need to enjoy the long day of cooking, the quirky family members and the football games. I love this time of year because we finally take time to count our blessings, spend time with family and of course eat and drink like crazy! A lot of thought is put into the Thanksgiving menu and folks often wonder what drinks to serve. Here are my recos:
- Pinot Noir plays well with turkey because its medium bodied, versatile, yet complex—try Domaine Serene Pinot Noir from Oregon to compliment your holiday menu!
- Another more structured option is Zinfandel—it’s balanced and luscious enough to please your guests that prefer heavier red wines. Try Ravenswood Zin- we have three different single vineyard Zins to choose from.
- For white wine drinkers, select try our new Shooting Star Riesling. With flavors of honeysuckle, orange blossom and citrus, it’s destined to be a best seller!
- Finally, I love a buttery oaky Chardonnay with dinner and Rombauer Chard wins hands down!
- Consider making a warm cocktail with Kraken Spiced Rum, McGillicudy’s Apple Pie Liqueur, and Apple Cider. Warm it in a pot and garnish with cinnamon sticks, apples, nutmeg and oranges then serve!
We are closed on Thanksgiving but open regular hours on the Wednesday before. Thank you for all your continuous support!